The Los Angeles Jr. Kings have announced that registration is now open for their 2017 Spring Development Program - HockeyKinetix - which will commence on March 20, 2017 at Toyota Sports Center in El Segundo.
HockeyKinetix is a specialized spring training series designed and run by Jr. Kings Tier I coaches and staff. The Jr. Kings have added an additional week of training and player development this year making HockeyKinetix an eight-week, 16 sessions program covering six major disciplines:
* POWER SKATING (Stride & Edge Control): Teaches all facets of edge control, power stride, accelerated starts, stops, forward, backward and lateral - key elements you can continue to work on all season.
* STICKHANDLING PROFICIENCY: Concentrates on all elements important to improving your puck control and stickhandling skills.
* PASSING & SHOOTING WITH ACCURACY: Emphasizes critical repetitions to help you put your passes "on the tape," as well as get your shots on target from an "in-motion" release point.
* DEFENSIVE SKILLS & TACTICS: Specializes in teaching all aspects of playing defensive hockey at the forward and defense position, including “tricks of the trade.”
* GOALTENDER PROFICIENCY: Five sessions of specific training and techniques for all goaltenders.
* PRINCIPLES OF ANGLING, BODY CONTACT & SHOT BLOCKING: Checking class for first-year Bantams (04) including a two-day introductory session presented by USA Hockey & Team USA coaches.
The HockeyKinetix program begins on Monday, March 20 and will run through Thursday, May 11, 2017. The cost for the eight-week/16-session program is $399.00 for skaters and $299.00 for goaltenders.
The participant groupings are as follows:
1) 2009-2011 (8U) - Maximum of 50 participants
2) 2008 (9U) - Maximum of 50 participants
3) 2007 (10U) - Maximum of 50 participants
4) 2006 (11U) - Maximum of 50 participants
5) 2005 (12U) - Maximum of 50 participants
6) 2004 (13U) - Maximum of 50 participants
7) 2003 (14U) - Maximum of 50 participants
8) Goalies - Maximum of 30 participants
On behalf of the club and our coaching staff, we are excited about our off-season HockeyKinetix development plan and hope that you and your player see the benefits of more on-ice skills development in preparation for the upcoming 2017-18 regular-season tryouts.