Dear Prospective Jr. Kings Pee Wee/Squirt/Mite Families:
Leading up to tryouts, there’s a lot of excitement as well as a lot of questions. We’d like to clarify a few things as best we can so you are well prepared heading into the weekend:
- ONE-TIME $50.00 WEEKEND TRYOUT FEE – This fee allows you to tryout for the entire weekend. So, if you have signed up for an A-level tryout and you are not selected, you will be able to return for the BB1, BB2 or B tryout at no additional cost. You will NOT have to re-register for the BB or B tryouts. Simply come back at the designated time, check in with our staff, and make sure to tell us which coach you’d like to tryout out for.
- TEAM DESIGNATIONS (A1/A2 or BB1/BB2) – We use these designations when we offer multiple teams in the same division. Sometimes they are birth-year only and sometimes they are mixed. We advise you go the first available tryout for your player’s birth-year opportunity at the appropriate birth-year level.
- PRE-REGISTRATION- If you have pre-registered for a specific team or coach and would like to change, that’s OK. Simply check in and notify our staff at the registration table prior to tryouts so they can update the list.
- MANDATORY CHECK-IN PRIOR TO EACH TRYOUT– Very important! You must check-in with our staff before each tryout in order to receive a jersey. You will need to clarify which level and which coach you are trying out for so the tryout lists are current and up-to-date. If you do not clarify what coach or team, you may be overlooked. To reiterate, you MUST check-in prior to each and every tryout with our registration staff upstairs.
- SELECTION PROCESS – After every tryout, the coaches will meet to discuss who they are selecting for their teams. This may take time and we thank you in advance for your patience. Once coaches have made their selections, they will post a list. Please read the information on the list regarding your team carefully to know exactly how to proceed. The list will be posted in the back of the building on the Olympic side near the exit of the building.
Hopefully, this answers a few questions. Best of luck to all this weekend!
General Manager of Hockey Operations, Los Angeles Jr. Kings